Sunday, September 28, 2008

Best Bargain EVER!

From time to time my friend Shawna posts some of the great "treasures" she finds at Goodwill and various thrift stores. I'm always amazed at the great deals she gets, not to mention the creative ways she uses this stuff in her house.

Feeling inspired last week, and armed with a $5 coupon, I headed off to Goodwill. Morgan has been playing "dress-up" and "pretend" quite often so I thought I would see what I could find to enhance her wardrobe. I shopped there from time to time in college and distinctly remember a large selection of 10-20 year old prom and bridesmaid dresses that Morgan would be honored to own.

Well, the only fancy dresses I found were floor length and those can be tricky to "model" when you're 3 - so we'll have to check again some other time. However, all was not lost! I found a rare treasure, well worth EVERY PENNY of the dollar I had to spend to take it home with me.
I could hardly wait to show it to her. I picked the kids up from school and handed it to her before we were even out of the parking lot. She gave me the exact reaction I had hoped for (rare, I must admit). "MOMMY! It's the most beautiful hat God (she's giving Him literal credit for EVERYTHING right now) ever made - I've been dreaming about having a hat just like it! I have the perfect dress to go with it!"
Here it is, in all it's glory:

6 comments:

Jonna Wilson said...

Wow! Some member of the "Purple Hat Ladies" doesn't know what she let go of!

Storms Family said...

She will ALWAYS remember that hat I'm sure! What a win-win situation; she's happy, you're keeping your money and you recycled a hat instead of buying something new! That is cool....

myfriar said...

ADORABLE!!!

Elayne said...

Morgan~ you look beautiful!

Miss Elayne :)

Christa said...

This cracked me up. Isn't it funny how kids play more with the cheapest things? My daughter Evan (now 20 months) has been carrying around a POTATO and acting like it's a baby doll. I'm so tempted to stick Mr. Potato Head eyes onto it. ;)

Unknown said...

Hi Erin! My mom sent me a link to your blog from Angie Morris' blog. Your daughter is ADORABLE in that hat! What a cutie.

I hope you remember me - I'm Angie's cousin. We knew each other a LONG time ago. Anyhow, great bargain find!