Thursday, May 22, 2008

It's Vacation Time!

We're back from a WONDERFUL trip to Galveston! With the exception of a few minor injuries - we all had a great time! We started off our trip with a dinner cruise on a paddle boat:

Then, we spent a day at Schlitterbahn Water Park. Morgan, Mike and Mike's cell phone had a fun time riding the lazy river and the rapids - that was the last ha-rah for the phone. This is Cooper hanging out at the edge of the lazy river waiting for them to get back:


The next day was our beach day. I had no idea how much the kids would love it. Morgan worked on a sand castle -well, she started one and then moved on to improving an an abandoned one. Cooper loved the water and the sand but quickly learned: sand first, then water. If you do the reverse, the sand won't leave you alone when you want to be done playing with it.


The last night we went to a fun board walk for dinner. This is Morgan enjoying her special dessert:


Morgan and Mike even got to ride a carousel.


And here they are watching the "big kids" ride another ride:

And that brings me to the "big kids". I think I forgot to mention that we took almost 100 of Mike's high school students with us. They were so much fun and our kids loved playing with them. Here they are!


Tuesday morning it was time to pack up to head home. When Mike came back with the luggage cart (side note: I think there was a time in my life when I didn't need a luggage cart on a four day trip...), this is what I saw:

This was the only "ride" Cooper got to go on - but he was happy!

We did have time to fit in a quick photo shoot on the beach the morning we left. I'll put those pictures in another post. We had a wonderful time and here's a good summation of our trip home:

3 comments:

Storms Family said...

That looks like fun! I'm jealous!

myfriar said...

That looks like so much fun! AND, you made it look totally easy traveling with two little ones....what a great mama!!

Jonna Wilson said...

I know that was a nice getaway! Great pics!